SA Geolab International Pte Ltd (SA Geolab) believes that it will continue to grow and add new clients and is now keen and in a position to set up branch laboratories in other countries globally.
With the right market and demand for geotechnical expertise needed, this goal will materialise in the near future.
In 2013, SA Geolab has taken a step further by purchasing a portable container for clients to place aboard their vessels on offshore jobs, or mobilising the containers onshore at the clients site for easy accessibility and prompt testing.
Onshore Dockside Testing
We have also taken delivery of a DNV certified 20ft lab container for this purpose. We have utilize all our past experience to incorporate all the technical specifications that are required especially the different types of power sources that can be used. The container has an in-built generator to generate its own power and also in-built water tanks. It is DNV certified so that it can travel to any parts of the world with no problem.
There are certain remote areas of the world where there will be a logistic problem in shipping the samples out. This is where our dockside testing will alleviate those problems.
Loan of Personnel for Offshore Geotechnical Survey (OGS)
We have at our disposal, a group of experienced geotechnicians with a high level of skill to handle soil samples and conduct standard tests offshore during drilling operations.
This will be more important or even imperative if the OGS include dynamic testing. Our geotechnicians will be well placed to ensure quality of samples.
The range of lab testing that can be done:
Offshore (Onboard vessel)
- Extrusion and Visual Classification – 1 sample Extruder c/w Hydraulic Power Pack
- Moisture content and Density – 1 Oven & 2 Triple-beam Weighing Balances
- Torvane – 3
- Lab Vane – 1
- Fall Cone – 1
- Carbonate Content – 1 Chamber c/w Pressure Gage
- Triaxial UU, CIU, CID, CAU, CAD, CKoU compression/extension, CRS consolidation – 2 Computer-controlled GDS Triaxial Automated System (GDSTAS)
If the container is sited onshore, in addition to the range of tests mentioned for offshore testing, other tests that can be included;
- Sieve analysis – 1 Sieve Shaker c/w set of sieves
- Hydrometer – 6 Hydrometer cylinders
- Specific Gravity – 3 Volumetric Flasks
- Atterberg Limits – 1 Casagrande or Cone Penetrometer
- Oedometer Consolidation – 2 Oedometer machines connected to Winhost Data Logger